Label: UMC, Vertigo
Style: Prog Rock, Ambient
Cat: 478 940-0, 00602547894007
Format: MP3, FLAC, WMA
FLAC size: 1256 mb | MP3 size: 1458 mb | WMA size: 1610 mb
|1||Let It Happen||4:21|
|6||We Were All Uprooted||6:50|
|10||My Face In The Rain||4:22|
|6499 693||Vangelis O. Papathanassiou||Earth (LP, Album)||Vertigo||6499 693||Greece||1973|
|none||Vangelis||Earth (Remastered) (10xFile, WAV, Album, RM)||Polydor||none||2017|
|7299 050||Vangelis O. Papathanassiou||Earth (Cass, Album)||Vertigo||7299 050||France||1973|
|VAN 01||Vangelis||Earth (LP, Album, RE)||Mercury||VAN 01||Canada||1982|
|532 783-2||Vangelis O. Papathanassiou||Earth (CD, Album, RE, Mis)||Vertigo||532 783-2||Greece||Unknown|
- Engineer [Remastering Sound Engineer] – Philippe Colonna
- Keyboards, Percussion, Tabla, Flute, Backing Vocals [Background Vocals] – Vangelis
- Written-By – Agryris Koulouris (tracks: 4), Richelle Dassin (tracks: 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, 10)
- Written-By, Remastered By, Arranged By, Producer, Composed By, Performer – Vangelis
Comes in Digipak with clear tray and 12-page booklet.
Originally released as Vertigo 6499 693 in 1973.
Recorded at Europa-Sonor, studios "poste parisien".
Remastered from the original analogue master tapes by Vangelis.
Analogue tape transfers by Ben Wiseman at The Audio Archiving Company, London
Masters prepared by Paschal Byrne at The Audio Archiving Company, London
Thanks to Johnny Chandler, Emma Shalless, Johnathan Homer, Dave Ball, Stephen Ellis, James Meadows, Justin Brown, Lydia Kohl, Peter Matthews & Craig Thompson at Universal Music Tape Facility for their much appreciated assistance with master tape research.
℗ 2017 Universal Music International B.V. / Polydor (UK) Ltd.
© 2017 Universal Music International B.V. / Polydor (UK) Ltd.
Made in the EU
- Barcode (Text): 6 02547 89400 7
- Barcode (Scanned (UPC A)): 602547894007
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 1): Sony DADC [Universal logo] 4789400 12 A00
- Mastering SID Code (Variant 1): IFPI L552
- Mould SID Code (Variant 1): IFPI 9448
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 2): Sony DADC [Universal logo] 4789400 12 A00
- Mastering SID Code (Variant 2): IFPI L552
- Mould SID Code (Variant 2): IFPI 94K2
- Label Code: LC 00309
- Rights Society: BIEM/SDRM
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Universal International Music B.V.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Polydor Ltd. (UK)
- Copyright (c) – Universal International Music B.V.
- Copyright (c) – Polydor Ltd. (UK)
- Published By – EMI Music Publishing Ltd.
- Published By – Copyright Control
- Recorded At – Studio Europa Sonor
- Mastered At – The Audio Archiving Company
- Pressed By – Sony DADC
Earth is the first official solo album by the Greek artist Vangelis, released in 1973. In contrast to Heaven and Hell 1975 and some soundtracks by Vangelis from this period, Earth was not released on compact disc in the 1980s - it was not until 1996 that a CD version was made available, and then only in Greece. The album was promoted by a concert, held in Paris, at the Olympia Theatre in February 1974. You hear the songs in the following order: 1. Rainbows on Earth 0:00 2. Silent Winter 5:26 3. The Ancients 9:59 4. Powerfull electronic synthesizer music. Full Album HD. Jean Michel Jarre versus Vangelis, música electrónica. Earth is the third solo album by the Greek artist Vangelis. The album is a prime example of early-1970s progressive rock but offers some flash-forwards into New Age music, such as We were all uprooted. The title of the album reflects the influence of ancient pre-Christian Greek or Dorian music. Richelle Dassin's lyrics revolve around spiritual themes. Some critics see the album as a direct progression from the material he was doing with his band Aphrodite's Child. It wasn't until his subsequent releases that Vangelis' electronic, instrumental style became domi. Released in 1973, Earth is Vangelis' first real solo album. It was made in Paris after the release of 666 and the eventual dissolution of Aphrodite's Child, but before the epic decadence nearly to Ken Russell levels of Vangelis' 1975 effort Heaven and Hell. Other Earth highlights include Let It Happen, which fuses the psychedelic rock of the 1970's Aphrodite's Child LP It's Five O'Clock with Vangelis' expressive synth work, and the closing suite, Watch Out and Song, where progressive tendencies meet amidst classical piano, stargazing keyboards, and the return of the Uprooted narrator's flowery poetics. Earth's stylistic melting pot means it's not always effective. Listen free to Vangelis Earth Come On, We Were All Uprooted and more. 10 tracks 38:59. 2016 Remastered. The Best Of. Light And Shadow: The Best Of Vangelis. Chariots of Fire-Theme for Solo Piano From the Motion Picture score for Chariots of Fire. The Classical Album 2013. Band Name Vangelis. Album Name Earth. Type Album. Дата релиза 1973. Лейблы Vertigo. We Are All Uprooted. Sunny Earth. Working with Vangelis on his Earth-project are familiar names such as Argyris Koulouris, Robert Fitoussi and Richelle Dassin, who all worked with Vangelis on other projects that same year see Miscellania-section below. Come on Vangelis O. We were all uprooted Vangelis O. Papathanassiou, Richelle Dassin. Sunny earth Vangelis O. He-o Argiris Koulouris, Richelle Dassin. Ritual Vangelis O. Let it happen Vangelis O. The city Vangelis O. My face in the rain Vangelis O. Album 2006 10 Songs. Earth Remastered Vangelis